At Knights, we strongly believe in education and improving your life with all of the resources that are available to you. While you have been getting your academic education throughout your life, you have already learned many life lessons along the way. Life has many lessons to teach us, and many of those lessons come in the form of setbacks, challenges, and hurdles that we have to overcome.
Overcoming challenges teaches us that we can find new ways to reach our goals and find our way. We have created our annual scholarship for one undergraduate student that best details overcoming their own challenges in a well thought out essay.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited college or university for the semester they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply.
- Please write a 1,000-1,500 word essay about a personal story of the biggest challenge you’ve had to overcome in your life. Be real and authentic. What was the hardest part? How did you overcome it? What life lessons have you learned as a result?
- Submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited university. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have currently applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time.
Submitting Your Application
Please complete the following form to submit your application: Knights 2019 Scholarship
The form must include:
- Full name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Attached evidence of your current academic status that you are currently enrolled at a college as set forth above. We will accept an acceptance letter or most recent tuition billing statement as proof of enrollment.
- Your written submission as a Google document via a shareable link. Essays in any other form will not be accepted.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is August 1st, 2019. The winner will be announced by August 15th, 2019.
- The winning candidate will be selected based on the student’s essay and video by Knights.
- Any questions about the scholarship can be directed to: email@example.com
- The scholarship funds can be sent via check directly to the winning applicant’s college or university. Funds are to be used for tuition, books, or other education related expenses.
- This scholarship is available on a yearly basis.
By submitting an application, the applicant automatically grants Knights permission to post the applicant’s name, college, photo (if submitted), and essay on knightsfurnace.com or in other marketing communications. We are also granted permission to send you information regarding your application.
Once a winner has been selected and announced, we will destroy all sensitive information relating to the applicant.
We will remove any information pertaining to the student at the student’s request.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos, videos, and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to Knights Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
The applicant automatically grants Knights, its agents and/or representatives permission to:
Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by Knights.
Post the applicant’s name, college or university, video, and essay on knightsfurnace.com website.
Call and/or send information to the applicant regarding their application.
Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on Knights social media pages.