Sentry 12-Key 2.0 Most Knights Furnaces use the Sentry 12-key. Some of its feature include:
- Temperature Display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Firing Cost Enter the cost of electricity and kiln amperage in Options. After the kiln fires to completion, press the 8 key for the cost of electricity to fire that load.
- Rate At the factory, we can configure a controller for you to show rate as degrees of temperature change per hour (the default), degrees of temperature change per minute, or elapsed time needed to reach a temperature.
- Stop/Back Key goes back one step with each key press during programming. Use this feature to correct programming errors.
- Add Time Key adds five minutes to a temperature hold with each key press during firing. Helpful for glass with holds.
- Program Review lets you check that the program you are about to fire is correct.
- Audible Temperature Alarm to remind yourself to close a vented lid or to check the kiln near firing completion.
- Thermocouple Selection The Sentry 2.0 can operate types K, S or R thermocouples.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, bad voltage, temperature deviation.
- 14 Segment Display is easier to read than the previous 7 segment.
- Program Safety Lock for the program in active memory. Gives you peace of mind.
- Delay Fire Set the time that the firing is to start. The kiln will turn on at that time.
- LED Lights show when the relays are powered.
- Quick Release Molex Connectors permit fast removal of the controller. Replacing the Sentry 2.0 or Sentry Xpress takes only minutes.
The Sentry 2.0 can be installed on all existing Paragon 12-key digital kilns. It uses the same size faceplate as the earlier DTC 100 - 1000 series. Upgrade a switch-operated kiln with the wall-mount version.